AIPEACS coordinated a study tour between 26 – 28 February, 2018, of representatives from Kio University and Uda City Hospital, which included Hobart and Melbourne. The purpose of the visit was to explore models of care for intergenerational programs within Aged Care, the community and palliative care.
The 3-day study tour included visits to;
- a University in Tasmania to discuss dementia care and research
and in Melbourne to a:
- Library campus re their story time intergenerational program with children of preschool age and Aged Care residents.
- Residential Aged Care facility, re their intergenerational program with secondary school students.
- Children’s Centre Kindergarten re their intergenerational program with children and Aged Care residents.
- University re encouraging international exchange of student ideas.
- Hospital to discuss palliative care clinical protocols.
- Residential Extended Care Centre, re a tour of the facility and discuss aspects of dementia care.
and two other Aged Care facilities.
The tour group comprised of a Professor, Associate Professor, Instructors representing Department of Nursing and Medical Science, Health Science, Kio University and a nurse representing Uda City Hospital.